Shree Ganeshay Namah
Past form of Read
Table of Contents
There are five verb forms in English. They are base form, past form, past participle form, third-person singular form and present participle form.
To master all verb forms and take control of English language, you must know English language tenses and
Here we will see the past form of Read and its other verb forms also.
|Base form||Past form||Past participle form||Third-person singular form||Present participle form||meaning of read|
|read||Read (Pronunciation Red)||Read (Pronunciation Red)||reads||reading||Speak and understand written words aloud|
The past form of Read | read past form
The past form of read is read but in the past, it is pronounced as RED. We will see some examples of read in past form.
- I read that story yesterday.
- We read our books last year.
- You read his essay in the last week.
- They read all the instructions in the last month.
- He read all the parts of the Harry Potter series.
- She read the biography of Einstein.
The base form of read.
The base form of read is read and pronounced as read.
Here are some examples of the use of the base form of read.
- I read books daily.
- We read the newspaper every day.
- You read my messages frequently.
- They read study books.
Past participle form of read
Past participle form of read is read but its pronunciation is RED.
We will see some examples of the use of read as past participle.
- I have read this book.
- We have read all the questions.
- She has finished her paper.
- He has come here.
The third-person singular form of read
The third-person singular form of read is reads. We will see some examples of the use of read as third-person singular verb form used in the simple present tense.
- He reads storybooks.
- She reads notices daily.
- It reads given instructions through the camera.
- Sam reads my poems.
Present participle form of read.
Present participle form of read is reading.
We will see some of the examples of read as present participle form
- I am reading books.
- We are reading stories.
- He is reading my letter.
- She is reading the message.
- You are reading billboards.
- I was reading everything.
- We were reading it.
- He was reading the newspaper.
- We have been reading books.
- They had been reading stories.
Meaning of read
meaning of read is speak and understand written or printed mostly aloud.
Conclusion for the past form of read | read past form
These are the examples and explanations of the use of read in past form, the base form, past participle form, third-person singular form and present participle form.
With love +respect from team learnhatkey.com