Shree Ganeshay Namah
Go past tense | past tense of go
Table of Contents
There are two ways to make past and past participle verb forms in English. The first is by adding ed and the second type is of irregular verbs. Go is also an irregular verb and its three verb forms v1, v2, v3 are different.
We will see past tense of go and also the meaning, base form, past participle form, third-person singular form and present participle form of go with examples.
Here we will see the past form of go and its other verb forms also.
|Base form v1||Past form v2||Past participle form v3||Third-person singular form||Participle form||Meaning of go|
|go||went||gone||goes||going||Move to or from a place|
Meaning of go
The general meaning of go is to Move to or from a place.
Past form of go | go past tense
The past form of go is went. We will see some examples of go in past form.
- He went in search of his bag.
- She went to college for her lectures.
- They went for a picnic.
- People went for the protest against corruption.
- Sam went to his friend’s house.
Base form of go
Base form of go is go.
Here are some examples of the use of base form of go.
- I go for my lunch.
- We go to our office.
- They go for sightseeing.
- You go to your parental home.
- Children go to school.
Past participle form of go .
Past participle form of go is gone.
We will see some examples of the use of past participle of go.
- He has gone with his friends.
- She had gone for her work.
- John will have gone by now.
- They have gone to their village.
- We have gone for the study tour.
The third-person singular form of go
Third-person singular form of go is goes. We will see some examples of use of go as third-person singular verb form used in simple present tense.
- He goes with his friends.
- She goes shopping.
- It goes against the community guidelines.
- Sam goes to college daily.
- Rita goes for a morning walk.
Present participle form of go
Present participle form of go is going.
We will see some of the examples of present participle form of go.
- He is going to his home.
- She is going home with her friends.
- They are going to Parris.
- We were going for our match.
- She was going to the canteen for her lunch.
Conclusion for past form of go or go past tense
These are the examples and explanation of the use of go in past form, base form, past participle form, third-person singular form and present participle form. you can read and use all these forms correctly.
let me know your views through your comments.
With love +respect from team learnhatkey.com